Senior DevOps Engineer
Job Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Reports to: CPO
Works directly with: Product and development team / CTO
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers
- working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- testing and examining code written by others and analysing results
- ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’
- working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions.
Nomos One is a fast-growing company with the head office based in Dunedin serving a global market and providing a compliant lease management and lease accounting solution. To do this we believe that people matter. We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team based in our office in Dunedin, or to work remotely.
Senior DevOps Engineer overview
This new role has been created to lead the implementation of our DevOps capability. We need an experienced DevOps Engineer who can demonstrate leadership and enable the Nomos One platform through agile delivery methods, manage the overall platform operations, security and be responsible for the technical side of SOC compliance. You will enjoy collaborating with a wide range of individuals to accomplish those tasks.
Description of Duties
- Responsible for implementing DevOps across the business
- Release automation – responsible for achieving automation & orchestration using CI/CD tooling
- Security – monitoring of the product’s security & health
- Compliance – Accountable for ensuring SOC2 and ISO 27001 compliant processes are followed
- Supporting Agile development methodology and playing an active role in embedding of DevOps practices
- Owning and delivering on the platform automation strategy to support our continuous delivery journey
Required Technical Skills / Experience
- Experience with IT enterprise environments including cloud platforms (AWS is a must)
- Experience in IT operational configuration, management and automation for always-up, always-available services
- Experience with CI/CD of web applications at scale
- Strong experience working with configuration management and tools for cloud platforms, including some sort of IAC (infrastructure as code) practices.
- Experience implementing and operating secure cloud and hybrid environments
- Hands on experience of containers and orchestration.
- Experience with the AWS Well-Architected and Cloud Adoption frameworks
- Experience with a wide variety of open-source technologies and cloud services
- Strong Infrastructure-as-Code experience, such as ARM Templates, CloudFormation, Terraform
- Working knowledge of source control and editor environments such as Git.
- Working knowledge of database technologies; PostgreSQL, DynamoDB,
- Implementation, operational management and support of Linux operating systems and platforms (e.g., Linux, Unix, OEL, Red Hat, SuSE)
- Strong skills with scripting
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, a knack for problem solving and a passion for ensuring exceptional quality of service.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading a devops processes
- Bachelor’s (3 year) degree majoring in a technical field such as computer science or engineering,
- Experience of being in a leadership position
With “Senior DevOps Engineer” as the subject line, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com