IFRS 16 Transition options for lesseesNomos One IFRS 16 resources
Why is your choice of transition methods so important?
One of the most significant decisions you’ll make during your implementation of the standard is which transition method to use. Your choice will impact the level of effort required to implement the standard as well as ongoing financial impacts.
IFRS 16 Transition options for lessees
Nomos One has produced an IFRS 16 transition options guide specifically for lessees. It covers:
- An overview of the full retrospective transition method
- An overview of the modified retrospective transition method
- An overview of the simplified transition method
- Impacts of your choice on your implementation project and your financial reporting capabilities
- An outline of the data and documentation required for each transition method
- An overview of the practical expedients available under each approach
- The pros and cons of each transition method
- Steps to take that will help you choose the right transition method for your organisation.