Technical Accounting Specialist
Job title: Technical Accounting Specialist
Reports to: Head of Technical Accounting
Relationships: Accounting team, Customer Support team, Onboarding team, Product and Development team
About Nomos One
Nomos One is a fast-growing lease accounting and lease management software company designed to help its customers achieve IFRS 16 compliance. Our clients vary from accountants, auditors, to property managers all of whom have multiple complex leases on our platform.
We’re a close-knit team that has adapted well to working virtually. Over 50% of our team are working remotely across New Zealand and Australia with our head office in Dunedin. Since the launch of our IFRS engine in June 2020, we’ve been fortunate enough to experience significant growth, and because of this, we are looking for a Technical Accountant to join us on a part-time basis
About the role
We are looking for someone with a strong accounting background to provide technical accounting support to both our global client base and our internal team members. The role is part time (25-30 hours), with negotiable start and finish times and remote working flexibility. A great opportunity for an accountant wanting a varied role in a supportive and collaborative environment.
• Working with our customer support team to provide understanding and technical training specific to IFRS 16 and general accounting practices
• Providing our team members with the knowledge to understand the business environment our customers operate in and context about accounting processes and reporting
• Working with our product and development team to test and refine our product, including analysis of financial outputs
• Giving assistance across the business with other tasks as required
• Minimum of three years accounting experience (assurance experience preferable)
• Bachelor’s degree (or higher), majoring in accounting
• CA or CPA or equivalent qualification
• Knowledge of IFRS 16, lease accounting or lease management preferable but not essential
• Proactive and approachable communication style
• High standard of accuracy (an eye for detail)
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter with “Technical Accounting Specialist” as the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 5 pm 29 October.