Senior Product Designer
Job Title: Senior Product Designer
Reports to: Head of Design
About Nomos One
Nomos One is a fast-growing lease accounting and lease management software company designed to help its customers achieve IFRS 16 compliance. Our clients vary from accountants, auditors, to property managers all of whom have multiple complex leases on our platform.
Our customers are now required to report on IFRS 16 in their annual reports, our software has been tested against 1,000 scenarios and can automate workflows as well as eliminate any mistakes which may have occurred when using Microsoft Excel.
We’re a close-knit team that has adapted well to working virtually. Almost 50% of our team are working remotely across New Zealand and Australia with our head office in Dunedin. Since the launch of our IFRS engine in June 2020, we’ve been fortunate enough to experience significant growth, and as a result of this, we are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join us.
Senior Product Designer overview
In this role, you will work with other designers and cross-functionally, to help design the customer experience of the Nomos One product. You will be part of a customer-centric design process, using a combination of techniques to understand customer needs and pain points. You will need to apply quantitative and qualitative tools and methods in collaboration with product managers, developers, and the wider business to prioritise and continually improve customer experience.
This role is based either in our Dunedin office or working remotely from within New Zealand
Required Skills / Experience
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in a software UX/UI design role.
- Experience in designing and shipping B2B products, ideally in the fintech sector
- Proven experience of collaboration with the product, research, tech, and wider cross-functional teams
- Proven experience performing customer research (interviews, workshops) within a B2B product environment
- Experience working with and contributing to design systems and component libraries.
- High fidelity design and prototyping skills (Figma, Sketch, Axure, Justinmind, etc)
- Experience working in agile/sprint-based environments
- Comfortable presenting ideas to senior stakeholders
- Ability to take ownership, creatively solve problems, and proactively contribute to the objectives of the business
- Create powerful and innovative customer experience solutions, focusing on key user problems, producing innovative and value enabling solutions
- Lead and participate in each aspect of the product lifecycle, from solving core usability problems to shipping a well-tested and proven experience
- Lead the design of product improvements across the entire product lifecycle from concept to delivery
- Create documentation, wireframes, and prototypes at both a hi- and lo-fi level that can be validated through customer testing and communicate the detail and value of these interactions to the wider team
- Lead research, with a strong working knowledge of research methods and ability to conduct early-stage customer needs research through to usability studies
- Use qualitative and quantitative data and methods to influence your work
- Work closely with Product Managers to measure and monitor the performance of the product as you work on it
- Communicate transparently on your progress, discuss ideas with other designers and within the cross-functional teams
- Present to both product development team and to wider stakeholders, including the “why”
- Take a collaborative approach, building strong working relationships with your team, and within the wider business
- Bachelor’s degree in a creative field or equivalent experience
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “Senior Product Designer” as the subject line.